Sivaram Rajan, MD
Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Sivaram Rajan grew up in Ohio and attended the University of Michigan where he graduated magna cum laude in the Honors Program. He then attended Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland, OH graduating in 1997. Dr. Rajan completed his orthopaedic surgical residency at the State University of New York in Stonybrook, NY in 2002.
He was then selected to attend the prestigious University of Pennsylvania sports medicine fellowship. While at Penn, Dr. Rajan received advanced training in arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery and total joint replacement. He has particular expertise in meniscal surgery, arthroscopic rotator cuff and labral Repair, ACL reconstruction, tendon repair, and total knee and hip replacement. In addition, he was involved in the care of the Philadelphia Eagles, Flyers, and University of Pennsylvania sports teams.
Dr. Rajan is affiliated and on staff at Hackensack University Medical Center, Holy Name Medical Center, and Patient Care Associates in Englewood, NJ. He is board certified in orthopaedic surgery and sports medicine and a fellow of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery. He has been in private practice for 14 years and recently opened a new state of the art office in Hackensack, NJ.
Dr. Rajan offers a personalized approach to his patients–he strives to give compassionate, individualized, and excellent care to each one. By diminishing their pain, he works to improve their function and quality of life. The ultimate goal is to achieve the best possible outcome to promote patient happiness and well-being.
Dr. Sivaram Rajan was selected as a 2018 Top Doctor in Hackensack, NJ by the International Association of Orthopedic Surgeons (IOA).
Dr. Rajan specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopedic conditions and performs several orthopedic procedures including:
- Arthroscopic Knee & Shoulder Surgery
- Sports medicine
- Knee & Hip Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
Education and Training
- Undergraduate: University of Michigan- Graduating Magna cum Laude in the Honors Program
- Medical: Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH
- Orthopedic Surgery Internship: State University of New York, Stony Brook, NY
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: State University of New York, Stony Brook, NY
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- AAOS – American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- AANA – Arthroscopy Association of North America
- AAHKS – American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Bergen Medical Society
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery (AAOS )
- Board certified American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS )
- Subspecialty certificate in Sports Medicine (ABOS)