Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement
Total Hip Replacement THR and Total Knee Replacement TKR are very successful surgical treatment for arthritis of the hip and knee respectively.
Over the last several years hip and knee replacement surgery has evolved to a Minimally Invasive technique.
Advantages of Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement are
- Less tissue trauma â€“ muscles and tendons are avoided or separated, not cut
- Faster and less painful rehabilitation
- Smaller incisions and less scarring â€“ two incisions of 1Â½ to 2 inches each, rather than one 10- to 12-inch incision
- Shorter hospital stay â€“ 1-2 days (vs. 3-5 days); some patients go home in less than 24 hours
- Reduced blood loss and less need for pre-surgery blood donation
- Faster return to work and daily activities
Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Incisions
Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement Incisions
Proudly serving patients across New Jersey and Bergen County from our office in Hackensack. Whether you are in Jersey City, Rutherford, Garfield, Lodi, Ridgewood, Nutley, or Englewood, NJ, we look forward to addressing your questions and providing you with the treatment you need.